History & Backstory
The fey children of Akkatish, elves are a long-lived race with deep connections to the natural world. They seek to better understand the flora and fauna of the great wilds, finding balance in all things.
Their history on the continent is wrought with suffering at the hands of the serpent kingdoms of old. Elves carry these scars with them, burning with hatred towards all reptilians.
It is said that there exists a great elven city on a plateau somewhere deep in the Akkatishian jungles. Elves who make their way to the Shifting Straits seem sworn to secrecy about such a place, if it does exist. Most seem fit to fancy the rumors that elves live in homes within the giant trees of the Akkatishian jungles.
Political power in elvish society is bound around the Cabal. The Cabal is a secretive group of powerful beings with ties to both the natural and spirit worlds. Each community pays respects to a single member of the Cabal, who in turn is duty-bound to see that the community thrives in the harsh jungle environment. The great feather masks worn by the Cabal are signs of imminent doom to any non-elf who travels too deeply into the jungle.
Elven contact with the city-states is consistent but exclusive. Trade relations with the fey is highly prized given its lucrative potential. Like halflings, elves are looked upon as mystical beings worth a great amount of attention, curiosity, and, sometimes, fear.
Akkatish elves have all of the following racial traits:
- +2 Dexterity – Akkatish elves are quick, agile, and good with ranged weapons.
- Small sized – Akkatish elves are fey creatures. As a small, mystical creature, elves gain a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks, but use smaller weapons than medium sized creatures, and lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Fey (Elf) – Elves of Akkatish are fey creatures with the Elf subtype.
- Low-light Vision – An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- An elf’s base land speed is 30’. Elves are supernaturally quick for their size.
- Light of the Great Moon – Elves are immune to light-based blindness and dazzle effects, and are treated as one level higher when determining the effects of any light-based spell or effect they cast (including spell-like and supernatural abilities). Elves with Intelligence scores of 10 or higher may use Light at will as a spell-like ability with a caster level equal to the elf’s HD.
- Elves are automatically proficienty with the longbow and shortbow, as well as composite versions of the same.
- Eternal grudge – Elves have a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against creatures with the Reptilian subtype. An eternal blood feud against the serpent kingdoms of the Akkatishian jungles burns brightly in the heart of elves.
- Woodcraft – Elves treat Knowledge (Nature) and Survival as class skills, regardless of class. Additionally, in wooded terrain (forests, jungles, and even low-tide coral forests), elves have advantage on these rolls. Elves know the deep secrets of the wild like no others.
- Elves have a +2 racial bonus to Perception checks. Akkatish elves have adapted to the hunt, both as prey and hunter.
- Elves automatically speak Regimi (common) and Elvish