For a Soulknife, your mind is your greatest weapon. Literally. Through focus, training, practice, and dedication, you have learned to forge your mental strength into a physical form, a weapon of pure psychic energy. Color, shape, form – the details of a Soulknife’s weapon is unique to each, but the power of the mind necessary to will such a weapon into existence is something Soulknives share, however rare the trait may be.
Book: N/A – Soulknives have been rebuilt, see below. (Sorry for poor formatting)
Ability Priority: Str/Dex, Wis/Con, Int, Cha
Hit Die: d8
Skill points: 4+Int
Class skills: Autohypnosis, Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Psionics), Listen, Martial Lore, Move Silently, Profession, Spot, Swim, Tumble
Base Attack Bonus: Full (1/lvl)
Fort: Poor (0 + 1/3 per lvl)
Ref: Good (2 + 0.5/lvl)
Will: Good (2 + 0.5/lvl)
Weapons and Armor Proficiency: A Soulknife is proficient with all simple and martial melee weapons, with light armor, and with shields (but not tower shields).
Power Points: A Soulknife learns no psionic powers and has no manifester level. However, she does gain a pool of power points as other manifester classes would (Wis is her key ability). This pool of power points increases as she gains levels and is used to fuel her Blade Augments (see below).
Mind Blade (Su): [L1] As a swift action, a Soulknife can create a weapon of solid psionic energy to assault her foes with. Despite the name, this weapon does not have to be a bladed weapon, but can take the form of any melee weapon with which the Soulknife is proficient, dealing damage as appropriate for that weapon. In addition to the Soulknife’s Strength modifier, while Psionically Focused, a Soulknife adds half her Wisdom modifier to damage rolls made with her Mind Blade. A Mind Blade is considered a magic weapon. The Mind Blade is considered a weapon for any attacks, feats, spells, class features, or other powers that depend upon the use of a weapon or deal specifically with weapons.
A Soulknife can create any number of Mind Blades, but never more than she can wield. Every time she creates a Mind Blade it can take the form of a different weapon which she is proficient with. If a Soulknife wields more than one Mind Blade, the maximum enhancement for those Blades decreases by 1 for each Blade wielded (see Enhanced Blade below).
The blade can be broken (it has hardness 10 and 10 HP); however, a Soulknife can simply create another with a swift action. The moment she relinquishes hold of her Mind Blade, it dissipates.
Even in places where psionics do not normally function, a Soulknife can attempt to sustain her Mind Blade by making a will save against the spell or effect. If the effect does not have a caster or caster level, the DC is 25. On a successful save, the Soulknife sustains her Mind Blade for a number of rounds equal to her Wisdom modifier before needing to save again. On an unsuccessful save her Mind Blade disappears. As a standard action, a Soulknife may attempt this save to manifest her Mind Blade again.
Beginning at fifth [L5] level, a Soulknife may manifest her Mind Blade as a free action, during her turn.
Weapon Focus (Mind Blade) (Ex): [L1] A Soulknife gains the Weapon Focus feat for her Mind Blade as a bonus feat.
Blade Augments (Su): [L1] A Soulknife can augment her melee attacks. At first level, a Soulknife learns one Blade Augment (see Blade Augments, below). At 3rd level and every odd level thereafter, a Soulknife learns a new Blade Augment. The Blade Augments available to learn are determined by the Soulknife’s class levels. At every even level, a Soulknife may replace one Blade Augment with another that she qualifies for.
Using a blade augment requires a swift action and applies to the Soulknife’s next attack. The augment is expended regardless of if the attack is successful. At first level, a Soulknife may apply one augment to her attack. At level 6, a Soulknife is able to apply two augments to one attack with one swift action. At level 11, a Soulknife is able to apply three augments with one swift action. At level 14, a Soulknife is able to apply four augments with one swift action.
In some cases, a Soulknife may also spend power points to increase the the strength of her Blade Augments. When spending power points in this way, a Soulknife cannot spend more total power points on a single augmented attack than her Soulknife levels. A Soulknife can use her Blade Augments a total number of times each encounter equal to 1/2 her class level + Wis.
Evasion (Ex): [L2] As the ability.
Throw Mind Blade (Ex): [L2] A Soulknife of 2nd level or higher can throw her mind blade as a ranged weapon with a range of 30’. Whether or not the attack hits, a thrown mind blade then dissipates. A thrown weapon adds the Soulknife’s Str modifier to damage but not Wis. A Soulknife of 3rd level or higher can make Psychic Strike (see below) with a thrown mind blade and can use the blade in conjunction with other special abilities (Such as Knife to the Soul, etc.)
Focused Start (Su): [L3] While psionically focused, a Soulknife of 3rd level or higher may add her Wis to her initiative modifier.
Psychic Strike (Su): [L3] As a move action, a Soulknife of 3rd level or higher can imbue his mind blade with destructive psychic energy. This effect deals an extra 1d8 points of damage to the next nonmindless target he successfully hits with a melee attack (or ranged attack, if he is using the throw mind blade ability). Creatures immune to mind-affecting effects are immune to psychic strike damage. (Unlike the rogue’s sneak attack, the psychic strike is not precision damage and can affect creatures otherwise immune to extra damage from critical hits or more than 30 feet away, provided they are nonmindless creatures not immune to mind-affecting effects.)
A mind blade deals this extra damage only once when this ability is called upon, but a Soulknife can imbue his mind blade with psychic energy again by taking another move action.
Once a Soulknife has prepared his blade for a psychic strike, it holds the extra energy until it is used. Even if the Soulknife drops the mind blade (or it otherwise dissipates, such as when it is thrown and misses), it is still imbued with psychic energy when the Soulknife next materializes it.
At every four levels beyond 3rd (7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th), the extra damage from a Soulknife’s psychic strike increases by 1d8.
Enhanced Blade (Su): [L4] A Soulknife’s Mind Blade gains a + 1 enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls. At 8th level and every four levels thereafter, the enhancement bonus increases by + 1.
Speed of Thought (Su): [L5] While psionically focused, a Soulknife of level five gains a + 10’ enhancement bonus to her methods of movement. This bonus increases to 20’ at level 10, 30’ at level 15, and 60’ at level 20.
Enchant Blade (Su): [L7] At 7th level and above, a Soulknife may imbue her Mind Blade with a magical weapon property equivalent to a + 1 bonus. The chosen property must be able to be applied to the form of the Mind Blade for it to work (i.e. a Mind Blade imitating a longsword cannot gain the Impact property).
Once per day, a Soulknife may meditate for one hour to change the enchanted property of her Mind Blade. Much like preparing spells, a Soulknife needs 8 hours of rest prior to this meditation in order to change the property of her Mind Blade.
At level 10 a Soulknife may enchant her Mind Blade with up to + 2 bonus worth of weapon properties.
At level 13 a Soulknife may spend 1 round, rather than 1 hour, in meditation to change the properties of her Mind Blade. She may do this a number of times per day equal to her Wis bonus (min 1). She needs 8 hours of rest to regain these uses, much like a manifester/spellcaster.
At level 16 a Soulknife may enchant her Mind Blade with up to + 3 bonus worth of weapon properties.
At level 18 a Soulknife may change the properties of her Mind Blade with a move action, rather than spending 1 round. The limit to number of times she may change per day remain the same.
At level 20 a Soulknife may enchant her Mind Blade with up to + 4 bonus worth of weapon properties.
Greater Weapon Focus (Mind Blade) (Ex): [L8] A Soulknife gains the Greater Weapon Focus feat for her Mind Blade as a bonus feat.
Improved Evasion (Ex): [L9] As the ability.
Bladewind (Su): [L9] At 9th level, a Soulknife gains the ability to momentarily fragment her Mind Blade into numerous identical blades, each of which strikes at a nearby opponent. As a full attack action, when wielding a Mind Blade, a Soulknife may give up her regular attacks to instead fragment her Mind Blade to make one melee attack at her full base attack bonus against each opponent within 30’. Each fragment functions identically to the Soulknife’s regular Mind Blade. Her Mind Blade then dissipates.
When using Bladewind, a Soulknife forfeits any bonus or extra attacks granted by other feats or abilities (such as Cleave or Haste). A Soulknife may use this ability a number of times per encounter equal to her Wis modifier (minimum 1).
Supreme Blade (Su): [L11] At 12th level, a Soulknife begins to truly master her Mind Blade. Her Mind Blade is indestructible by normal means. She gains advantage against attempts made to disarm her and Shatter effects must succeed on an opposed CL roll to destroy the Mind Blade (a Soulknife’s ML for this effect is equal to her Soulknife level).
At level 14 while psionically focused and wielding her Mind Blade, a Soulknife gains a +4 morale bonus to AC and a +1 morale bonus to saving throws.
At level 17 when making a full attack with her Mind Blade, a Soulknife may make an extra attack at her full base attack bonus.
At level 20 a Soulknife no longer fails an attack roll on a roll of 1.
Knife to the Soul (Su): [L13] Beginning at 13th level, when a Soulknife executes a psychic strike, she can choose to substitute Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma damage (her choice) for extra dice of damage. For each die of extra damage she gives up, she deals 1 point of damage to the ability score she chooses. A Soulknife can combine extra dice of damage and ability damage in any combination.
At level 19 a Soulknife deals 2 points of ability damage rather than 1. Creatures immune to ability damage now take 1 point of ability damage. Creatures without the associated mental stat (i.e. Int damage to a mindless vermin) are instead stunned (Fort save for stun = 10 + 1/2 Soulknife levels +Wis + 1 per additional point that would have been dealt). The stun effect pierces immunity to stunning.
First Level Augments
- Augmented Sneak Attack: The Soulknife’s next attack deals an extra 1d6 damage from a sneak attack (see Rogue class feature). For every 2 power points spent the damage increases by 1d6. The attack must be one to which sneak attack applies.
- Unfocusing Strike: A creature hit by the Soulknife’s next attack must make a Will save (DC 10 +1/2 Soulknife class levels + Wis) or lose its psionic focus and cease concentrating on any spell/SLA/ability it is currently concentrating on. For every 2 power points spent, the DC increases by 1.
- Power Strike: The Soulknife’s next attack has +2 to hit and +2 to damage, but she suffers a -2 pentalty to AC for 1 round. For every 2 power points spent, the bonus to hit and damage increase by +1 and the penalty increases by 1.
Third Level Augments
- Meteoric Strike: The Soulknife’s next attack deals 1d4+1 damage to all creatures other than the Soulknife adjacent to the target. For every 3 power points spent, increase the damage dealt to the target by 2 and to all adjacent creatures other than the Soulknife by 1d4+1.
- Dazing Strike: A creature hit by the Soulknife’s next attack must make a fortitude saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 Soulknife class levels, + Wis) or become dazed for 1 round. For every 2 power points spent the DC of the save increases by 1.
- Fluid Motion: The Soulknife may make a second attack against the same target at her full base attack bonus. She takes a -2 penalty to all attacks until the start of her next turn. For every 3 power points spent, she gains an additional attack and the penalty increases by 1.
Fifth Level Augments
- Revealing Strike: The Soulknife’s next attack ignores concealment. The Soulknife must still attack the correct square to hit an invisible creature. An invisible creature hit by this attack becomes visible for 1 round. For every 3 power points spent, the visibility duration increases by 1 round. For 4 power points, this attack may also hit ethereal creatures.
- Mental Assault: The Soulknife’s next attack deals 1 additional point of either Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma damage (of the player’s choice). For every 3 power points spent the attack deals 1 additional ability damage of the chosen type.
- Deceptive Strike: The target of the Soulknife’s next attack becomes flatfooted before the Soulknife makes her attack roll. This ability works against a target with Uncanny Dodge but only if the Soulknife’s class level is at least four higher than the target’s HD. If you spend 5 power points the target becomes flatfooted until its next turn. For every 2 additional power points spent, your effective Soulknife level increases by 1 for purposes of overcoming Uncanny Dodge or similar.
Eighth Level Augments
- Penetrating Attack: The Soulknife’s next attack pierces an amount of DR equal to the Soulknife’s Wis and pierces hardness equal to 1/2 the Soulknife’s class levels + Wis. For every 2 points spent, increase the DR and hardness pierced by 1.
- Entropic Strike: The Soulknife’s next attack plays on the energies of its target. If the target is a living creature the Soulknife is healed for 3d8+8 hitpoints. If the target is undead it takes an additional 3d8+8 damage and is subject to critical hits for 1 round. For every 3 power points spent the Soulknife is either healed for an additional 1d8, or the undead is vulnerable to critical hits for an additional 1 round and takes 3 extra damage.
- Ghost Strike: The Soulknife’s next attack can strike incorporeal and ethereral creatures as though they were corporeal. If you spend 5 power points the struck creature becomes corporeal and cannot become incorporeal or ethereal for 1d4+1 rounds.
Eleventh Level Augments
- Power Drain: The Soulknife’s next attack drains power from a foe, depending on their power source:
- A manifester loses power points equal to 1/2 the Soulknife’s class level.
- A spellcaster loses 1 spell of the highest level prepared (or available)
- A martial adept loses 1 maneuver of the highest level she has prepared (or available)
- A meldshaper’s highest ranking chakra(s) are unbound. For purposes of this attack, a soul chakra is ranked higher than a heart chakra.
- A creature without any of the above abilities has disadvantage on all skill checks for 1 minute.
A Soulknife may invest five additional power points. If she does so, she gains her class level in temporary power points. These points are available for use for 1 minute. Temporary power points overlap; they do not stack.
- Rain of Pain: The Soulknife’s next attack gains a + 1 bonus to attack and she may add her Wis to damage again. If the Soulknife’s attack hits, her next attack during this action, if any, gains an additional + 1 bonus to attack (cumulative) and may also add her Wis to damage for this attack. This process continues for each attack made as part of the Soulknife’s attack action. If you spend 5 power points, any creature hit by one or more attacks augmented by this ability must succeed on a Fort save (DC 10 + 1/2 the Soulknife’s class levels, + Wis + the number of attacks the Soulknife successfully made this turn) or become nauseated for 1d4+1 rounds.
- Metallic Strike: The Soulknife’s next attack is considered to be made with a weapon of all materials for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction and affecting creatures with weaknesses. It also deals damage as if it was a weapon of one size category larger. For ever 3 power points spent, increase the effective size of the Mind Blade by 1.
Fourteenth Level Augments
- Construct Bane: The Soulknife’s next attack against a construct creature is rolled at a +4 bonus, deals an additional 2d6 damage +1 per Soulknife level and bypasses all damage reduction of the construct. That construct, if struck, loses all immunities until its next turn. For every 3 power points spent the struck construct loses its immunities for an additional round.
- Enervating Strike: A creature struck by the Soulknife’s next attack takes a -4 penalty to AC, attacks, damage, saves and checks for until its next turn. For every 5 power points spent the penalty applies for an additional round.
- Enveloping Strike: A creature struck by the Soulknife’s next attack must succeed at a will saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 the Soulknife’s class levels, + Wis) or have its speed reduced to 0’, suffer the effects of Dimensional Anchor as the spell, and cannot make attacks of opportunity for 2 rounds. Upon a successful save the creature cannot make attacks of opportunity for 1 round. For every 2 power points spent increase the DC by 1.
Seventeenth Level Augments
- Synaptic Disconnect: A creature struck by the Soulknife’s next attack cannot cast spells, manifest powers, bind chakras, or use psi-like or spell-like abilities for 1 round unless it succeeds on a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the Soulknife’s class levels + Wis). For every 4 power points spent the number of rounds the struck creature cannot cast, manifest or use abilities and the DC of the save against this effect increases by 1.
- Overwhelming Strike: A creature struck by the Soulknife’s next attack must succeed on a Fort save (DC 10 + 1/2 Soulknife levels + Wis) or be stunned for 1d4 rounds. Additionally, a creature struck by this attack takes double damage from the next source of damage it takes. If you spend 7 power points, the creature’s Fort save is made with disadvantage.
- Chromatic Strike: The Soulknife’s next attack deals damage of the type of her choice instead of normal weapon damage. This damage is still modified by any ability modifiers it would normally be and is resolved as a normal attack. The damage is subject to resistance and immunity and deals double damage to creatures with vulnerability. For every 3 power points spent this attack deals an additional 1d6 damage of the chosen type.